Transit & Rail
Today’s world is reinventing the form and function of infrastructure. Transit and intermodal freight transport with rail are becoming, more and more, critical components in improving mobility, economic sustainability, and quality of life for your communities.
Our team of architects, engineers, planners, construction managers, and inspectors have your transit needs covered. Your next project could leverage our in-depth experience with policy and planning, financing, contracting, operations, strategy, construction, and information technology. We specialize in systems where private investments are made in partnership with public transit use.
RS&H’s comprehensive services in transit include:
- Corridor studies & planning
- NEPA/environmental studies & permitting
- Multi-modal & intermodal facilities
- Terminal, station, & shelter design
- Track & signal systems design
- Route structure analysis and network design
- Bridge inspection, design & rehabilitation
- Construction management, engineering, and inspection
- Transit maintenance facilities
- Procurement and acquisition management, P3 & design-build
- Finance & funding, including federal & state grant applications
- AV/CV transportation technology
RS&H provides a full range of services in the development of intermodal transportation networks for moving freight using containers and multiple modes of transportation, including rail, ship, and truck. This intermodal shipping method provides numerous benefits to businesses and communities, such as reduced transportation costs, increased security, reduced cargo handling, reduced risk of loss or damage, and faster delivery times.
Our experts in ports, railroad, and trucking logistics make selecting and communicating with a large number of shippers, each owned and operated independently, easy.
Our intermodal services include:
- Design and construction management for intermodal container transfer facilities
- Operational planning
- Track Design
- Rail operations planning
- In-gate/out-gate processing
- Traffic flow analysis
- Train arrival and departure planning
- Yard capacity analysis
- Discrete simulation modeling
- Crane operations analysis
Construction management, engineering, and track inspection