Tolls & Managed Lanes
From one of the first all-electronic toll (AET) facilities along Florida’s Turnpike to the rehabilitation of the Reagan Memorial Tollway in Illinois, RS&H has proudly served tolling agencies and state departments of transportation for more than 60 years. As a reliable partner, we work hand-in-hand with clients to address complex business, technological, operational, construction, and institutional challenges to provide timely and cost-effective solutions.
Our extensive experience ranges from the implementation of AET and open-road toll (ORT) facilities to toll conversions, mainline and ramp toll plazas, central operations centers, and administration buildings for a number of public agencies and expressway authorities across the United States.
We recognize the emerging role managed lanes and other variable-priced facilities will play in the future of interstate and freeway capacity projects. Our teams of engineers, planners, and technicians have developed innovative tools to assist with determining optimal access points, revenue options, and safety considerations. We are also an industry leader in developing traffic simulations and video visualization. Finally, our construction managers and inspectors ensure your facility is built on time and within budget, while minimizing impacts to revenue collections and your customers.
Our comprehensive tolling services include:
- Toll planning and feasibility studies
- System operations development and procurement
- Facilities and systems engineering
- Program management and project controls
- Construction management, engineering and inspection
- Highway and structural design
- Toll operations plan development
- Customer service centers operations evaluation and support
- Business rules development
- Financial reporting
- Owner’s representation in public-private partnerships
- General engineering consultant services
- Traffic micro-simulation
- Safety and crash Analysis
- Traffic forecasting and user assessment
- Toll Technology
- Cost & Risk Analysis