We recognize that life happens, which is why we offer a range of benefits from short-term disability to giving our associates the flexibility to manage their paid time off in a way that works best for them. From wellness plans to paid holidays, we strive to keep you and your family healthy and safe.
Medical, Dental & Vision
RS&H’s healthcare offerings include competitive medical, dental, and vision plans.
We offer three different United Health Care medical plans – a traditional PPO and two high‑deductible plan options. Enrollment in a high‑deductible health plan qualifies you to open a Health Savings Account (HSA) where those funds can pay for qualified medical expenses with pre-tax money.
All plan options provide:
- 100% coverage for in-network preventive services, including well-child (e.g., immunizations), well-woman (e.g., mammogram, Pap smear), and well-man (e.g., prostate screening)
- Access to quality care through national provider networks
- Prescription drug coverage
- The ability to see a specialist without a referral
The dental plan provides access to in‑network and out‑of‑network providers, as well as coverage for major dental work, including child orthodontia. The dental benefit also includes two dental cleanings per year, with no deductible, paid at 100% at participating dentists.
RS&H also offers a vision plan, which provides low-cost routine eye exams and allowances toward frames and contacts.
Paid Time Off & Holidays
Our associates have the flexibility to manage their paid time off in a way that works best for them. RS&H’s paid time off program provides associates with separate annual allotments for vacation and personal leave days for use throughout the year.
Actual vacation accrual depends on the associate’s years of eligible service and are prorated for the first year of employment. Regular part-time associates who work at least 30 hours per week are provided prorated vacation based on a 40-hour week. (i.e. a 32-hour workweek would earn 64 hours of vacation).
Personal leave can be used for personal, immediate family, and domestic partner obligations. It can also be used for appointments that cannot be scheduled outside of business hours that include: illness or injury, mandatory court appearances other than jury duty, family emergencies of a nature that require an associate’s immediate attention, medical, psychological, dental or optical examinations/appointments; school appointments, time off to vote, or FMLA qualifying events.
Regular full-time associates receive 10 days (80 hours) each payroll year, prorated for the first year of employment, and regular part-time associates who work at least 30 hours per week are provided prorated leave based on a 40-hour week. (i.e. a 32-hour workweek would earn 64 hours of personal leave).
RS&H recognizes eight paid holidays. We observe the following holidays, and benefit-eligible associates receive paid time off in observance of these occasions:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- Floating Holiday
Additionally, to demonstrate our commitment to our family culture, RS&H provides paid parental leave benefits to eligible associates.
Life Insurance & Disability
RS&H offers a range of insurance and disability coverage to help protect our associates and their families from the financial impact of unforeseen circumstances.
- We provide basic life insurance and basic AD&D equal to your annual salary at no cost to you. Associates can purchase optional life and accident coverage for themselves and/or their eligible dependents.
- We also provide short‑term disability and long‑term disability coverage at no cost to associates.
- Associates also have the opportunity to purchase additional voluntary short‑term disability coverage.
- Additionally, RS&H provides a business travel accident policy to cover all of our associates that may be traveling on company business.
RS&H offers a 401(k) savings and investment plan designed to help participants accumulate wealth in a tax-effective manner. Highlights include:
- Contribute on a before-tax 401(k) basis or alternatively on an after-tax Roth 401(k) basis directly through payroll.
- A diverse choice of investment options allowing you to manage your own contributions based on your personal needs and preferences.
- Increase your savings with the RS&H 401(k) match — $0.50 per dollar on the first 6% of your contributions per pay period. Participants are 100% vested in their own contributions and the related earnings. You are vested in the company match 20% per year for the first five years of service and fully vested after five years of continuous service.
- The plan also allows participants to take a loan while actively employed.
RS&H also offers a variety of voluntary benefit plans: Voluntary Cancer, Voluntary Critical Illness, Voluntary Short-Term Disability Buy-Up Option and a Voluntary Off-the-Job Accident Policy. These plans are available at group discount rates and are designed to pay directly to you to assist with certain out-of-pocket expenses by supplementing your income during a time when you need it most.
In addition to these plans, RS&H offers a unique Legal Plan that provides access to a comprehensive set of legal services and unlimited consultation and an Auto Insurance Plan which allows you to pay for automobile insurance through convenient payroll deductions while having access to group employer discounts.
Flexible Spending Accounts
RS&H offers three flexible spending accounts: Medical, Dependent Care, and Commuter Reimbursement. Each allows you to contribute before-tax dollars to your account in order to pay for qualifying medical, dental, vision, daycare, parking, or commuting expenses.
At RS&H, we make people the priority – which means an ongoing commitment to our associates’ careers and personal development. It’s central to our associates’ success and to the success of our company.
- We support associates as they define their career path – whether it be in one of our practice disciplines, project management, or developing technical skills to become a subject matter expert. All options are equally important and designed to build on unique skills and preferences.
- We recognize the significance of achieving technical professional registration and make it easy by paying for time off to take the examination, as well as covering 100% initial registration fees.
- We’re also committed to helping associates successfully maintain their professional designation or license renewal requirements and promote the common goals and values within each profession. Many of our in-house training courses and activities are eligible professional development activities that count toward recertification with licensing boards.
- Our project teams work on a wide mix of projects and with a broad range of clients. From small, community-focused initiatives to large and ongoing multifaceted projects, our associates work with the industry’s best professional leaders and technical experts.
- We’re committed to fostering a coaching and mentoring environment to help our associates grow both personally and professionally.
- We support continuing education through our tuition assistance program available to all full-time associates.
- We believe in leadership involvement in professional society organizations, as evidenced by our commitment to cover dues when license or membership is endorsed by the company.
Rewards, Recognition & More
- We frequently recognize individuals and teams with Spot Bonuses and Special Achievement Awards for making unique and outstanding contributions that go above and beyond the normal expectations of their position in support of RS&H’s strategic priorities.
- We also reward associates who author work in professional trade publications or present at formal trade association conferences through our Publication/Presentation Incentive Award Program.
- Additionally, RS&H holds an annual awards program for recognizing associates who excel in professional and technical leadership. Each year, awards are given to a top project manager, technical professional, and young professional who is a rising star in the company.
- With a focus on community service, we also recognize a single associate annually with a Volunteer of the Year Award for exceptional contributions to their local community.
- We’re committed to helping our associates lead healthy lifestyles. Our award-winning wellness program, Simply Engaged, offers activity-based incentives, as well as access to comprehensive wellness tools and resources.
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP), should you or your family members face personal difficulties. You and your family will be automatically enrolled and have free access to licensed counselors.
- Associates have the opportunity to follow flexible work schedules in many of our disciplines.
- You can take advantage of our generous Associate Referral Program – and get paid to work with your friends and colleagues.
Flexible Work Arrangements
Working Hours & Flextime
RS&H offers several alternative work schedule options to associates. These options include:
- Flexible working hours – Flexible working hours refers to associates requiring a schedule change in their start and stop times.
- Compressed schedule – Working a traditional workweek in less than the traditional number of workdays.
RS&H recognizes that there may be circumstances when it would be beneficial or appropriate for an associate to work remotely (telecommute) either on a permanent, partial, or temporary basis. Therefore, we have a policy in place to handle such situations, on a case-by-case basis.
View PDF summary of benefits.