Optimal energy usage is an essential component of sustainable buildings and communities. RS&H’s forward-thinking, multidiscipline staff not only provides sustainable, high-performing designs, but also offers clients proactive and progressive solutions to better power their operations. Our energy engineers support our in-house design professionals by:
- Reviewing work products for energy efficiency
- Creating baseline and as-designed energy models
- Developing capital cost estimates
- Calculating energy and cost savings
- Performing lifecycle cost analysis for energy saving features
Once a building is occupied, we can meter and monitor the building’s use of energy and water to verify that the building is performing efficiently and meets the design objectives, as well as energy and water-use intensity goals. This metering and monitoring service is often via the web, allowing us to quickly identify and correct any changes in operational strategies that are adversely affecting energy and water-use performance.
Paul F. Hutchins, PhD, PE, CEM, LEED AP