RS&H provided Project Management and LEED AP services for the largest marine-piping/valve supplier in the U.S. for its new corporate headquarters and warehouse facility located in Jacksonville, Florida. RS&H led W&O Supply through the entire development process in this build-to-suit project. RS&H worked with W&O Supply to develop the outline specifications prior to contract execution with the developer to ensure that their needs would be met by the project. The facility is designed to meet the future needs of the company as it continues to grow. RS&H coordinated the project for W&O Supply working with the developer, architect, engineers, general contractor, and subcontractors.
RS&H ensured that the facility was designed to meet the requirements for Silver certification under the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED for New Construction program. RS&H also coordinated the fundamental commissioning of the facility as required under this program.
The facility has numerous sustainable features including:
- 13.4 kW solar photovoltaic system providing approximately 7.5 percent of the facility’s power
- During construction, over 90 percent of construction waste was recycled and diverted from the landfill
- The building utilizes occupancy sensors and daylight harvesting to reduce energy consumption on lighting
- The warehouse lighting is provided by high efficiency T-5 light fixtures on individual motion sensors
- The building consumes 50 percent less water than standard through the use of low-flow fixtures and automatic sensors
- The project utilized a high percentage of materials that are regionally available with high recycled content
- Every office occupant has the ability to control their own lighting levels