Ground Support Equipment
RS&H ensures cost-efficient, robust, reliable, and innovative solutions for all of your ground support equipment needs. We offer more than 50 years of proven experience in providing specialized engineering services for equipment, special tooling, and analysis used in the preparation, processing, and launch of humans, cargo, experiments, and satellites at various sites, including Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Vandenberg Air Force Base, and other locations.
Our experienced teams of design engineers thoroughly understand all US government, military, and commercial launch vehicle processing requirements, standards, and specifications. We have provided countless designs for ground support equipment, tooling, and access that interface with launch vehicles and critical flight hardware, including:
- Critical lift rigging and interfaces
- Vehicle transporters and handling fixtures
- Launch mounts
- Precision machined components
- Umbilical components and management systems
- Cryogenic propellant supply and transfer systems
- High-pressure gas systems and controls
- Large articulating platforms, including vehicle stage and engine/nozzle access
- Protective coverings and devices
- Vibration isolation systems
- Variety of shop aids and vehicle processing test fixtures and adapters
Our engineering analysis capabilities include static, dynamic, and random vibration stress analyses, as well as thermal, computational fluid dynamics, motion simulation, hazard and safety, and cost analyses.