RS&H provided construction management services for CDOT on this $7.6 million flood recovery project after heavy rain and flooding caused massive damage to the roadway and channel banks along the St. Vrain and Left Hand Creek drainages. The project replaced a 60+ year old concrete box culvert with a new 153’ single span precast bulb tee girder. The bridge elevation raised the roadway profile by approximately 8 ft to allow for 100-year flood events. The project also included three bridge locations that required channel, bank, and abutment armoring improvements, storm sewer reconstruction, and approximately ½ mile of mill and pavement overlay.
- Inspection of roadway and intersection reconstruction
- Inspection of method of traffic control (MHT) and traffic control for multiple locations
- Inspection of new single span bridge
- Inspection of erosion control and landscaping
- Inspection of utility coordination for the storm sewer and 50’ long retaining wall
- Oversight of pedestrian and bicycle facilities during bank reconstruction
- Oversight of materials testing