Reconstruction of CR 54 East
RS&H CS provided construction engineering and inspection (CEI) services on the reconstruction of four miles of CR 54 from Old Pasco Road to the beginning of the Zephyrhills By-Pass for Pasco County, Florida. The original timeline for this project was three and a half to four years. However, the county requested that the contractor put the project on a fast track, and the project was completed in two years.
This project consisted of the complete demolition of the existing two-lane roadway for construction of a new six-lane divided highway that included drainage improvements, retention ponds, sidewalks, a multi-use path, MSE walls, gravity walls, utility relocation and improvements, highway lighting, signalized intersections, mitigation areas, and median landscaping. In addition to the reconstruction of CR 54, the project included the construction of two new roadways.
This project completes an eight-year process of improving traffic flow through the Wesley Chapel area. RS&H CS has been fortunate to be part of the county’s team since 2004, providing CEI services for both re-construction projects on CR 54.
- Construction Management and Inspection
- Verification Testing
- Utility Relocation Coordination and Inspection
- Utility Permit Reviews
- Right of Way Inventory and Survey
- Constructability and Schedule Reviews
- Contamination Abatement Coordination
- Structure Demolition Inspection
- Debris/Trash Removal Coordination and Inspection
- Maintenance of Traffic Plan Reviews and Inspection
- Erosion Control Plan Reviews and Inspection
- Traffic Signal and Highway Lighting Inspection
- Landscape, Mitigation, and Pond Inspection
- MSE and Gravity Wall Inspection
- Asphalt, Concrete, and Earthwork Inspection
Construction Engineering & Inspection
CM-Highway & Local Roads
Highways & Roads
|Location||Pasco County, FL|
|Client/Owner||Pasco County and Florida Department of Transportation, District Seven|