I-295/I-95/SR 9A North Interchange
RS&H provided construction engineering and inspection (CEI) services for the I-295/I-95/SR 9A North Interchange Improvements Bridge Project for FDOT District 2. This project involved the new construction of a precast post-tensioned segmental bridge from southbound I-95 to
The SR 9A bridge is the first in the world utilizing the tendon duct coupler system. This bridge is the first to incorporate a new complete FDOT approved internal post-tensioning system, including an internal duct coupler. This coupler provides an air-tight seal across the segment joints in order to ensure protection of the post-tensioned tendons during grouting. Filling the tendon ducts with grout during the pressure grouting process encases the post-tensioned strands and protects it from future corrosion.
The project not only included the new bridge, but also widened an existing bridge on SR 9A eastbound that passes over Main Street (US 17), as well as new overhead truss signs and new high mast lighting structures. One lane was added in each direction to I-295/SR 9A from I-95 to US 17. I-295 west of I-95 was designed to accommodate one additional lane in each direction in the future.
- Post tensioning duct and anchors, as well as grouting of tendons
- Concrete placements during superstructure segment fabrication
- Superstructure segment geometry control in the casting yard and during segment erection
- Concrete cylinder pile and foundation construction
- Concrete placement and post tensioning of bridge piers
- Segment erection including segment epoxy jointing operations
- All reinforcing steel
- All bridge utility systems including bridge drainage and lighting
- Demolition and removal of the existing bridge structure.
- Guardrail installations
- Erosion control plan and procedures
- Maintenance of traffic plan and implementation
- Application of Class 5 finish
- Mast arm and traffic signage installation
Construction Engineering & Inspection
CM-Highways & Local Roads
Conventional & Complex Bridges
|Client/Owner||Florida Department of Transportation, District 2/Florida Department of Transportation|
|Awards||Best in Construction Major Bridge Awards, Florida Transportation Builders Association (FTBA), 2011
ASBI Bridge Award of Excellence, 2011