Henry B. Plant Park
Located on the campus of the University of Tampa, Henry B. Plant Park was originally constructed by Henry Plant in 1891. Plant made his fortune in Florida railroads, steamboats, and the Tampa Bay Hotel, which is now the University of Tampa. Our team restored a significant part of the park – two cannons that Plant had “acquired” from Tampa’s Fort Brooke for use as garden ornaments. The restoration included detailed historic investigations along with careful construction documentation. Today, both cannons are back in place, continuing to tell the story of Henry Plant’s adventures in Florida.