GreenBiz Group and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development today named RS&H Aviation Environmental Specialist Joseph Gale as one of the 2018 “30 Under 30,” based on a global search for emerging leaders across sectors who are shaping the next generation of sustainable business.
The 30 individuals being honored come from eight countries on four continents. They work for multinational corporations, innovative startups, social enterprises, nonprofit organizations, government agencies and academia.
“These young men and women represent the future of sustainability inside companies and institutions,” said GreenBiz Group chairman and executive editor Joel Makower. “In that regard, I couldn’t be more optimistic about the future of the sustainability profession, and the benefits that will inure to these individuals’ organizations and to society overall.”
Gale joins a roster of contemporaries from some of the world’s largest companies, including Microsoft, Amazon, Gap, Proterra, Lockheed, NextEra, FedEx, CBS and YES Bank.
“I’m really excited to represent RS&H and shed some light into the innovative world of aviation,” Gale said.
Gale saw firsthand the amount of resources required to keep an airport humming when an internship took him to the busy Seattle-Tacoma Airport, where he worked on recycling, composting, water conservation and other environmental efforts. That opportunity grounded his interest in sustainability issues facing airport managers and made a fitting prologue for his current work at RS&H.
Gale was part of the winning team of the 2017 Young Professionals Innovation Competition, held by the Airports Consultants Council. The team, which included an architect and a scientist specializing in aircraft noise modeling, proposed the use of remote-controlled vehicles to tow airplanes into gates. These electric tugs would save time and cost by replacing manned vehicles running on fossil fuels and allowing pilots to operate them.
About the author
- Joe is a storyteller with more than a decade of experience in media relations, with particular specialty in writing and promoting. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News2020.01.31RS&H-designed Brown & Brown Insurance Headquarters: A New Daytona Beach Landmark Rises
- News2020.01.08RS&H Hires Robert Jones as Project Controls Group Leader
- News2019.11.18Michelle Martin Joins RS&H as Northern Colorado Transportation Leader
- News2019.11.14RS&H Hires Kaminsky as Executive Vice President