Airports and engineers must think through many considerations before deciding on an airfield pavement selection.
In the latest issue of Airport Business, RS&H Ohio Aviation Leader Matt Schnelle, PE, examines the considerations airports and their consulting engineers must address to choose the right airfield pavement. These considerations include:
- Planning and Programming — How is this paving project funded, and what are the FAA guidelines?
- Design — How is the pavement being used?
- Construction — What are the impacts to operations?
- Maintenance — Is your staff familiar with maintenance and repair alternatives?
About the author
- Joe is a storyteller with more than a decade of experience in media relations, with particular specialty in writing and promoting.